Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Smoke Grenades:
Do you accept returns?
- Unfortunately we do not accept returns so be certain before you order!
How do I activate the smoke bombs?
- We have two different products. One is a fuse activated smoke stick that just simply requires a lighter or matches. The second is string or wire pull activated smoke bombs. These are activated by pulling the wire at a 90 degree angle in one smooth motion (no jerky pulling motion)
DO NOT HOLD AND STAND AT LEAST 6 FEET AWAY AFTER IGNITING
What Are the Differences with all Pull Ring Smoke Bombs?
- WP40 - Wire Pull 40g by Enola Gaye: 70-90 Seconds
- WRP90 - Wire Ring Pull 90 Seconds by Peacock Smoke
- SE60- Smoke Effect 60 Seconds by Peacock Smoke - Pull String
- EG25 - Enola Gaye 25 Seconds: Mini versions of the WP40
- Twin Vent (aka Dual Vent/Double Sided) Burst - Smoke comes out of both sides and the main purpose of the "burst" smokes is to release all the smoke as fast as possible, so they last under 25 seconds.
- EG18 - Larger version of the WP40 = More smoke. Lasts ~70 seconds
- EG18X - Burst (meaning that smoke comes out as fast as possible, but only from 1 side) So they put out the same amount of smoke as the EG18 but in less time. They last around 30 seconds or so.
- So in summary if you want them to last a long time, you want wrp90 or eg18.
- If you want them to put out tons of smoke as fast as possible you want the Twin Vent Burst or the EG18X Burst.
Are the gender reveal products labeling discreet?
- The product listing should indicate if the product you are looking at is discreet (meaning does not indicate the color/gender on the label). Carefully read each product. If the product label is not discreet you can remove the label or use natural colored paper to wrap around the smoke bombs.
Do these stain clothing or anything else?
- Yes they absolutely can stain. However, they only stain if it is very close to the end the smoke comes out. After setting the smoke bomb down, if you are 2-3 feet away and just standing in the smoke cloud, it should not stain your clothing or anything for that matter. They can stain the ground if left on their sides as well.
Are these safe to breathe in?
- It is never recommended to breathe in smoke, but these are simple consumer level fireworks so if you breathe in a little you should be ok.
Can they be hand held?
- We do not recommend holding any smoke bombs in your hand. The Enola Gaye wire pull products are cold burning so they don't get as hot, but we still recommend setting them on the ground after activation. Some customers do choose to hold them which we do not condone
Can I take smoke grenades on an airplane?
Can I let someone under 18 use them?
Can I use them in a dry area that has flammable items around?
Can I use them at a sporting event or concert?
Can you overnight some to me?
- No, please see our Shipping Page for more information
Can I make cool pictures with them?
- Yes, and please tag us on instagram @genderrevealsupplies
Can I use them inside?
- No, they release way too much smoke to be used indoors.
Can I send back the ones I didn't use for my gender reveal?
Can they ship via USPS?
- No. Never. For any reason can you ship these with the United States Postal Service.
Can I stop the smoke from coming out once it is activated?
- No, please don't try. That would result in injury. Never put your hand near the end that has smoke coming out.
Can you ship them to me in Puerto Rico or a PO Box?
- No, these are not allowed to ship to PO Boxes because they cannot ship via USPS.
Can you ship to another country?
- No, only to the USA.
What does wp40 mean?
- Wire Pull 40. I'm guessing the first batch only lasted 40 seconds then they figured out how to make it last 90 seconds. Or perhaps the 40 means that there is 40g of powder inside of the smoke grenade.