Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Smoke Grenades and Gender Reveal Cannons:
- We ship Hazmat due to the nature of the products. Certain precautions must be taken to ensure the safety of drivers and anyone handling the package.
Why so expensive for Hazmat Shipping?
- Hazmat requires certain precautions and measures taken, as well as the DOT charges a fee for having hazmat on the roads. Hazmat must be shipped using ground methods.
Do you accept returns?
- Unfortunately we do not accept returns so be certain before you order!
Can you overnight some to me?
- No, please see our Shipping Page for more information
Can you ship them to me in Puerto Rico or a PO Box?
- No, these are not allowed to ship to PO Boxes because they cannot ship via USPS.
Can you ship to another country?
- No, only to the USA.
I live in Massachusetts, why can't I complete my order?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to Massachusetts. We're very sorry for the inconvenience!
What should I do if I'm missing part of my order?
- Shoot! We're sorry to hear this! Please take a photo of the products you've received as well as the packaging it came in. Then, send these to GenderRevealSupplies@gmail.com along with your order number and the name on your order and we'll help you out!
What should I do if my product malfunctions or arrives damaged?
- Just as stated above, first take photos of the products that either malfunctioned or arrived damaged. Send those to us at GenderRevealSupplies@gmail.com along with your order number and the name on your order as well as a quick explanation of what happened. We'll help you out as best as we can!
- Damaged Smoke Bombs: Please note that all smoke bombs have a pink clay around the edges of them. This is a protective measure so that the smoking mechanism itself doesn't get damaged during shipping. If you see a pink/salmon clay or powder, don't worry your smoke bomb isn't damaged! It will work just the same.
- Damaged Gender Reveal Powder Cannons: As stated on all of our powder cannon listings, powder can leak during shipping. Despite our efforts to pad packages well, shipping carriers aren't careful during transport. Powder is a tricky substance to ship because it is so fine. We pack our powder cannons to the brim to make sure you get the best effect on the day of your event. That said, if a little powder leaks around the seems of your cannon- it is not damaged and it will preform just the same. If you're worried about color ruining the surprise, wipe up the powder with a wet rag or Clorox wipe. You can use a black pen or sharpie to draw over the seams if you need to!
How do I activate the smoke bombs?
- We have two different products. One is a fuse activated smoke stick that just simply requires a lighter or matches. The second is string or wire pull activated smoke bombs. These are activated by pulling the wire at a 90 degree angle in one smooth motion (no jerky pulling motion). If you are holding the smoke bomb away from you, pull the ring to the side to make sure it activates properly. Smoke bombs that do not work because the ring is not pulled properly will not be refunded.
DO NOT HOLD AND STAND AT LEAST 6 FEET AWAY AFTER IGNITING
What Are the Differences with all Pull Ring Smoke Bombs?
- WP40 - Wire Pull 40g by Enola Gaye: 70-90 Seconds
- WRP90 - Wire Ring Pull 90 Seconds by Peacock Smoke
- RP60- Ring Pull Smoke Effect 60 Seconds by Peacock Smoke
- EG25 - Enola Gaye 25 Seconds: Mini versions of the WP40
- RP30 - Peacock Smoke 30 Seconds: Mini versions of the WRP90
- Twin Vent (aka Dual Vent/Double Sided) Burst - Smoke comes out of both sides and the main purpose of the "burst" smokes is to release all the smoke as fast as possible, so they last under 25 seconds.
- EG18 - Larger version of the WP40 = More smoke. Lasts ~70 seconds
- EG18X - Burst (meaning that smoke comes out as fast as possible, but only from 1 side) So they put out the same amount of smoke as the EG18 but in less time. They last around 30 seconds or so.
- So in summary if you want them to last a long time, you want wrp90.
- If you want them to put out tons of smoke as fast as possible you want the Twin Vent Burst or the EG18X Burst.
Are the gender reveal products labeling discreet?
Cannon Color Indicator: If you need assistance differentiating the cannon, there is a number under the barcode specific to each color. In the bottom right corner of the barcode strip there is an individual number, either a 1, 2 or 3.
- 1 is pink
- 2 is blue
- 3 is silver
Wick Smokes Indicator: If you need assistance differentiating the smokes you can check the code on the side of the smoke.
Do these stain clothing or anything else?
- Yes they absolutely can stain. However, they only stain if it is very close to the end the smoke comes out. After setting the smoke bomb down, if you are 2-3 feet away and just standing in the smoke cloud, it should not stain your clothing or anything for that matter. They can stain the ground if left on their sides as well.
Are these safe to breathe in?
- It is never recommended to breathe in smoke, but these are simple consumer level fireworks so if you breathe in a little you should be ok.
Can smoke bombs be hand held?
- We do not recommend holding any smoke bombs in your hand. Our wire pull products are cold burning so they don't get as hot, but we still recommend setting them on the ground after activation. Some customers do choose to hold them which we do not condone.
Can I take smoke grenades/cannons on an airplane?
- No, please have your smoke bombs and gender reveal cannons shipped directly to your destination if you plan to travel with them.
Can I let someone under 18 use them?
Can I use them in a dry area that has flammable items around?
- No, please be conscious of your environment when activating smoke bombs. Sparks will be produced for 2-3 seconds after the ring is pulled. After the smoke is activated, your smoke bomb will get very hot and could potentially catch dry grass or other flammable items on fire.
Can I use them at a sporting event or concert?
- No, please check with the land management agency where you wish to use your smoke bombs.
Can I make cool pictures with them?
- Yes, and please tag us on instagram @genderrevealsupplies for your chance to be featured! Follow our pages for the latest deals, product updates, and giveaways!
Can I use them inside?
- No, they release way too much smoke to be used indoors.
Can I send back the ones I didn't use for my gender reveal?
- No, unfortunately all sales are final.
Can I stop the smoke from coming out once it is activated?
- No, please don't try. That would result in injury. Never put your hand near the end that has smoke coming out.
What does wp40 mean?
- Wire Pull 40. I'm guessing the first batch only lasted 40 seconds then they figured out how to make it last 90 seconds. Or perhaps the 40 means that there is 40g of powder inside of the smoke grenade.